Flashback Friday

Our FurAngel Chelsey with puppy Harley, circa 2005

I was flipping through some photographs and came across some from when Harley and Gibson were pups! What a pleasant surprise to find these - like jewels - that slipped out from between the pressed pages of a book. With everything being digital nowadays, having an actual photograph to look at versus checking one out online or on our phones is actually quite rare. I was still shooting with a film 35mm camera when Harley and a while later, Gibson joined our family, which consisted, at the time, of just one dog - our rescue German Shepherd/Akita, Chelsey who we adopted as a puppy.

Reminiscing over the photos, I thought, "Wouldn't it be fun to do a 'Flashback Friday' every Friday featuring pics of my furbabies when they were pups?" They grow up so fast; it will be nice to take time to reflect upon the joy these puppies have added to our lives by featuring a different photo each Friday. Days go by so fast, sometimes too fast when we lose a pet to their journey over the Rainbow Bridge. it's so nice to reflect, remember, and relish the moments, including those of days gone by and remember how precious our time with our pets are.

I hope you'll enjoy the trip down Memory Lane each Friday with the FiveSibes and I. And maybe even join us each week with "Flashback" photos of your furbabies. (Should we make this a Blog Hop?)


* * * * * * * * *
Just a reminder that my Sibe kids and I are walking to raise funds for the Tails on the Tundra Siberian Husky Rescue's "Tails on the Trails" 10th annual event next Saturday, September 29th. While I'm looking forward to spending the day there, meeting and greeting Huskies and also fellow Sibe lovers, selling and signing a few books, spreading the word about Canine Epilepsy Awareness, and hoping to raise some funds for TOTTSHR and Canine Epilepsy Resources - I am also looking for (ahem!) folks to sponsor the Sibe kids and I and pledge a donation (no amount is too small!) to the TOTTSHR to help homeless Huskies. 

A young Harley with her mentor (l) Chelsey.
We are walking as "remote" walkers, home here before the event, in memory of our FurAngel Chelsey, who taught then-pup Harley most of what she knows (including how to be the alpha!) Miss you, always, Girl. ❤

To make a pledge in our name, please go HERE and be sure to look for the photo of the FiveSibes™ and you can make a donation right through PayPal that goes directly to TOTTSHR. On behalf of all of the Huskies TOTTSHR helps, "Woos" and "Thank Yous!"

Comments

  1. What a beautiful picture of your two girls, I can imagine how emotional it must be to find one of those old photos!
    Flashback Friday sounds like such a great idea! I don't have any of Rocco's baby pictures, since we got him when he was a yearling, but I guess those would count too! And the kitten photos of my two kit-cats :-)
    I hope you have a very successful walk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey FiveSibes!
    Wow, what a super puppy pix! I think your flashback idea is great. The only thing sweeter than a Sibe is a puppy Sibe! I'll get your TOTT event added to the Blogville Community Calendar too.
    Grr and Woof,
    Sarge, COP

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chelsey looks like she was a great pup! And we think Harley and Phantom looked a lot alike as pups. Phantom lost all his mask.

    Woos - Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your Flashback Friday idea - we may have to try it. Very cute photos!

    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love love love the idea of a flashback Friday!! Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE Flashback Fridays! I've done a few of those on my bloggie... they always make me giggle! :)

    Woofs & huggies, <3

    ~Bailey (Yep, I'm a girl!)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Acupressure and Ice to Relieve Seizures and A #LiveGibStrong Epi-Tip

#PrayersForHarley - Dewclaw Tumor

The Rainbow Bridge Welcomes A New FurAngel - Buddy, the Christmas Husky - A Forever Symbol of Hope for Rescued Dogs

Fit For Our #FiveSibes Alpha Queen: Celebrating Harley's 14½ Birthday

Shave a Husky? Don't Do it!