Newsy Tuesday ~ Accolades and Appreciation!

I have a little catching up to do with news, the sharing of some wonderful achievements that were awarded in 2015. Some of you may have seen when I posted the graphics on my blog, but with the decline of my mother's health starting last July and ending with her passing in November, then Gibson's sudden bout with cancer and passing shortly before Christmas, I have not felt much like celebrating, so some achievements that I'm thrilled to have received, were not highlighted as I would have liked. Now while I do not typically like to "toot my own horn," I do feel so appreciative of the following, that I'd like to give a shout out for those who were kind enough to choose my work. Plus, I know both my Mom and Gibson would want me to share some good news and celebrate with you all, so here it goes!
 
Selected as a three-time "Excellence" 2015 Award Nominee by
the Dog Writers Association of America 
(winners to be selected in NYC this month!)


Named 2015 "Best in Print" Author by 



Chosen 2015 "Best Author" by  


FiveSibes™ Tales What's Wrong With Gibson? Learning About K-9 Epilepsy and Getting Healthy With Harley: Learning About Health & Fitness Named to



My EPIc Dog Tales: Heartfelt Stories About Amazing Dogs Loving & Living Life With Canine Epilepsy Named to



These accolades mean so very much to me - as a writer and photographer for just about my whole life, it's my passion. I've been so fortunate to be in a career doing what I love to do. I love to write. I love to capture life in photographs. The marriage of both as a photojournalist has brought me to many wonderful stories, some pretty cool places, and meeting amazing and awesome people and pets along the way. One of my biggest pleasures is to hear that my stories and/or photographs have brought smiles to others. That, in my humble opinion, is true success. I also feel quite honored to be recognized by the industry for which I write for! I'd like to send out a very special "Thank You" to my lifelong fan and writing cheerleader, my beautiful angel- my Mom, and to my angel heart dog, Gibson, my main muse and Epi warrior.  I dedicate these to you both, and love you both forever. And to you, my loyal and faithful readers and listeners, a huge heartfelt "Thank You," for without you, my words whether in print or on air, would not have a home.


Comments

  1. You have had a very difficult year, but we are so happy that even with all the sadness and all the loss, you received these wonderful recognitions for the great work that you do. Congratulations from all of us at The OP Pack.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! We are so glad you were recognized. You deserve it after all you have been through.

    Your mom and Gibson would be very proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so appreciate that, thank you 24 Paws of Love! <3

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Acupressure and Ice to Relieve Seizures and A #LiveGibStrong Epi-Tip

#PrayersForHarley - Dewclaw Tumor

The Rainbow Bridge Welcomes A New FurAngel - Buddy, the Christmas Husky - A Forever Symbol of Hope for Rescued Dogs

Fit For Our #FiveSibes Alpha Queen: Celebrating Harley's 14½ Birthday

Shave a Husky? Don't Do it!